Loctite SF 7649 is a solvent-based activator designed to increase curing speed of anaerobic products. It promotes curing of Loctite adhesives and sealants. Use of the product is recommended in the presence of passive metal or inert surfaces or large bond gaps. Loctite SF 7649 offers good performance at low temperature.
Fixture time and cure speed achieved depend on the adhesive used and the substrate bonded. Loctite SF 7649 can affect certain plastics or coatings. It is recommended to check all surfaces for compatibility before use.
- Increases curing speed on passive and inactive surfaces
- Causes no significant loss of bonding strength
- Recommended when prevailing temperature is under 15°C
- Certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61
- Registered to NSF Category P1
How to use Loctite SF 7649:
- Spray or brush on the activator on both mating surfaces. For small gaps, apply only on one surface. Cleaning may be required before application on contaminated surfaces. Porous surfaces may require two treatments.
- Allow Loctite SF 7649 time to evaporate under good ventilation. Wait until the surfaces are completely dry.
- After application, parts should be bonded within 1 month. Contamination of the surfaces before bonding should be avoided.
- Apply the adhesive or sealant to one or both surfaces. Assemble parts immediately.
- If possible, move surfaces in relation to each other for a few seconds on assembly. This will properly distribute the adhesive and help achieve maximum activation.
- Secure the assembly and await fixturing before any further handling.
Store Loctite SF 7649 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
This product is categorised as HIGHLY FLAMMABLE and must be stored in compliance with relevant regulations.
There are no reviews yet.