Loctite SF 7701 is a colourless, solvent-based primer for surface preparation. It is used to improve the bonding properties of cyanoacrylate adhesives on polyolefins and other low energy surfaces. Loctite SF 7701 is effective on difficult-to-bond substrates such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and thermoplastic rubber materials. Use of this product is not recommended in assemblies where high peel strength is a requirement.
Loctite SF 7701 is an aliphatic amine-based product. It also works as an activator, accelerating the cure speed of instant adhesives. Fixturing time on most substrates primed with Loctite SF 7701 is less than 5 seconds at room temperature. This product has been tested to the protocols based on ISO 10993, making it suitable for use in the assembly of disposable medical devices.
- Improves adhesive properties of instant adhesives
- Only use on polyolefins and other difficult-to-bond materials
- Fluorescent under UV light
- ISO 10993 biocompatibility standards approved
How to use Loctite SF 7701:
- Apply Loctite SF 7701 by spraying, brushing or dipping. Use product at room temperature.
- Avoid applying excess primer. Presence of primer can be detected by means of a UV inspection lamp (365 nm).
- If working with polyolefin and easier to bond materials, apply the primer to the polyolefin only.
- Assemble parts immediately.
- Secure the assembly and await fixturing before any further handling.
Store Loctite SF 7701 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.