Loctite SF Initiator 1 is a heptane/I.P.A. solvent based surface activator, designed to accelerate the speed of cure of Loctite acrylic adhesives. The product is single component and contains no CFCs. Loctite SF Initiator 1 is colourless, transparent and provides a good aesthetic appearance of the bondline.
Fixture time and cure speed achieved as a result of using Loctite SF Initiator 1 depend on the adhesive used, the substrate bonded, surface cleanliness and whether one- or two-surface activation is used. Loctite SF Initiator 1 should only be used in a properly ventilated workspace. Under no circumstances should activator and adhesive be mixed directly as liquids.
- Increases curing speed of Loctite acrylic adhesives
- No CFCs
- Suitable for all substrates
How to use Loctite SF Initator 1:
- Cleaning of the bond surfaces is recommended if maximum strength is required.
- Brush on Loctite SF Initiator 1 to one of the mating surfaces to be bonded. Apply adhesive to other surface.
- For large gaps (>0.4 mm) or where maximum cure speed is required, activator can be applied to both surfaces.
- The activator will not dry and will remain active for up to 6 hours. Bond assembly should be completed within this time.
- Apply the adhesive to one or both surfaces. Assemble parts and await fixturing.
Store Loctite SF Initiator 1 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
This product is categorised as HIGHLY FLAMMABLE and must be stored in compliance with relevant regulations.
There are no reviews yet.