Loctite 5135 is a 1-part product, requiring no mixing. Typical applications include use in valve covers, differential covers, oil pans, transmission pans, water pumps and thermostat housings.
Loctite SI 5135 is a room temperature vulcanising product. It cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture. Depth of cure depends on temperature and humidity. See technical data sheet for further details. Loctite SI 5135 provides superior adhesive properties and oil resistance. It is not recommended for use in oxygen rich systems or as a sealant for chlorine and other strong oxidising materials.
- Grey coloured paste
- Excellent resistance to automotive engine oils
- Working temperature ranges from -50°C to 250°C
- Cures at room temperature
How to use Loctite SI 5135:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Remove cap. Puncture tube or cartridge seal. Attach extension nozzle (if provided).
- Loctite 5135 begins curing immediately after the product is exposed to atmospheric moisture. Parts to be assembled should be mated within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- The bond should be allowed to cure for about seven days, before subjecting to heavy service loads.
Store Loctite SI 5135 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.