Loctite SI 5900 is a low-strength, silicone-based gasketing sealant. The product comes in the form of a black paste. It is one component and requires no mixing. Loctite SI 5900 offers excellent adhesion to a variety of plastic substrates, as well as glass, ceramics and metals. Typical applications include stamped sheet metal covers (timing covers and oil sumps).
Loctite SI 5900 performs best on gaps up to 1 mm. It has a skin-over time of 15 minutes. Loctite SI 5900 provides good resistance to oil. It can also withstand high levels of joint movement. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces the migration of liquid after application.
- Black in colour
- Low strength
- Suitable for a variety of substrates
- Good resistance to oil and joint movement
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Registered to NSF Category P1. This is a regional approval.
How to use Loctite SI 5900:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Low pressure tests can be carried out before product begins to cure.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads.
- Excess material can be wiped away with non-polar solvents.
Store Loctite SI 5900 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.