LOCTITE SI 5910 is a low-strength, silicone-based gasket sealant. It is designed for use on flexible flanges with machined or cast surfaces. The product is effective on metal and plastic. Typical applications include stamped sheet metal covers (timing covers and oil sumps).
LOCTITE SI 5910 performs best on gaps up to 1 mm. It offers a cure-through volume (in 24 h) of 2.75 mm. LOCTITE SI 5910 provides good resistance to oil. It can also withstand high levels of joint movement. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces the migration of liquid after application.
- Black in colour
- Low strength
- Good resistance to oil and joint movement
- Working temperature ranges from -55°C to 200°C
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Supplied in cartridges, tubes or rocep cans
How to use Loctite SI 5910:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Use LOCTITE SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads.
- For full automatic applications, a volumetric dispensing system is recommended.
Store LOCTITE SI 5910 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.