Loctite SI 5920 is a low-strength, silicone-based gasketing product designed for high temperature applications. It is used on flexible flanges with machined or cast surfaces. It is also suitable for electrical insulating applications. Loctite SI 5920 is a non-corrosive and non-conductive product. It is suited for gaps measuring up to 1 mm.
Loctite SI 5920 is a room temperature vulcanising product. It cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture, becoming tack free in 20 to 60 minutes. Full properties are achieved over the course of 7 days. Loctite SI 5920 provides superior adhesive properties and oil resistance. It tolerates temperatures up to 350°C.
- Copper coloured paste
- Low strength
- Thixotropic to reduce migration of liquid after application
- Working temperature ranges from -55°C to 350°C
- Tack in free in 20 to 60 minutes
- Suitable for gaps up to 1mm
How to use Loctite SI 5920:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Remove cap. Puncture tube or cartridge seal. Attach extension nozzle (if provided).
- Loctite SI 5920 begins curing immediately after the product is exposed to atmospheric moisture. Parts to be assembled should be mated within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- The bond should be allowed to cure for about seven days, before subjecting to heavy service loads.
Store Loctite SI 5920 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.