Loctite SI 5940 is a black, room temperature vulcanizing acetoxy silicone sealant. It is designed to be used primarily as a general purpose sealing and bonding product. It is also effective as a space-filling adhesive or formed-in-place gasket. The product cures on exposure to ambient moisture to form a tough, flexible silicone rubber gasket. Loctite SI 5940 provides great adhesion to a wide range of substrates, including metal, glass, plastic and painted surfaces.
Loctite SI 5940 cures quickly when exposed to atmospheric moisture, becoming tack free in about 20 minutes. Full properties are achieved over the course of 7 days. Loctite SI 5940 creates a waterproof, oil resistant seal. It offers excellent resistance to aging, shrinkage, cracking and discolouring. The product has an operating temperature range of -50°C to 200°C. It can resist intermittent exposure to temperatures up to 220°C.
- Black in colour
- Suitable for a wide variety of substrates
- Operating temperature range is -50°C to 200°C
- Resists aging, shrinkage, cracking and discoloring
How to use Loctite SI 5940:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads.
- Excess material can be wiped away with non-polar solvents.
Please note that Loctite SI 5940 is not recommended for use as a cylinder head gasket or head gasket sealant.
Store Loctite SI 5940 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.