Loctite SI 5970 is a silicone-based gasketing sealant. It is designed primarily for flexible flange sealing. The product cures on exposure to ambient moisture to form a tough rubber gasket. Loctite SI 5970 can be used on a variety of substrates, including plastic and painted parts. Typical applications include stamped sheet metal covers (timing covers and oil sumps).
Loctite SI 5970 has a skin-over time of 25 minutes. The product provides good resistance to oil. It can also tolerate high levels of joint movement. Loctite SI 5970 withstands on line, low pressure tests carried out before product begins to cure.
- Black in colour
- Suitable for a variety of substrates
- Good resistance to oil and joint movement
- Ideal in presence of vibrations and flexing
- Tack-free after 25 minutes
- Provides replacement for cork and paper cut gaskets on flanges and stamped sheet metal covers
How to use Loctite SI 5970:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Low pressure tests can be carried out before product begins to cure.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads.
- Excess material can be wiped away with non-polar solvents.
Store Loctite SI 5970 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.