The product cures on exposure to ambient moisture to form a tough silicone rubber gasket. Loctite SI 5990 adheres to a wide range of substrates, including metal and plastic.
Loctite SI 5990 is a thixotropic product. Its viscosity decreases under stress. This reduces the migration of liquid product after application to a substrate. Loctite SI 5990 cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture, becoming tack free in about 40 minutes. Full properties are achieved over the course of 7 days. Loctite SI 5990 provides good oil resistance and electrical insulation. It can withstand temperatures up to 350°C.
- Copper in colour
- Suitable for a wide variety of substrates
- High temperature and oil resistance
- Provides electrical insulation
- Leading in health & safety features
How to use Loctite SI 5990:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads.
- Excess material can be wiped away with non-polar solvents.
Store Loctite SI 5990 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.