Loctite SI 5999 is a non-corrosive, room temperature vulcanizing silicone sealant. It is designed primarily for gasketing in automotive powertrain applications. The product cures on exposure to ambient moisture to form a tough silicone rubber gasket. Loctite SI 5999 provides good blow-out resistance and can withstand temperatures up to 250°C.
Loctite SI 5999 is a thixotropic product. Its viscosity decreases under stress. This reduces the migration of liquid product after application to a substrate. Loctite SI 5999 cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture, becoming tack free in about 30 minutes. Full properties are achieved over the course of 72 hours.
- Grey in colour
- Non corrosive
- Blow out resistant
- Suitable for temperatures up to 250°C
- Thixotropic to reduce migration after application
How to use Loctite SI 5999:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads. Full performance properties will develop after 72 hours.
- Excess material can be wiped away with non-polar solvents.
Store Loctite SI 5999 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.