Loctite Stycast RE 2039 / HD 0183 is a 2-part epoxy kit. The kit is composed of an amber-coloured epoxy resin encapsulant and a hardener. Loctite Stycast RE 2039 is designed for the casting of coils and transformers. It is also effective as a general-purpose casting epoxy. The product provides excellent electrical properties, good physical strength and low levels of shrinkage and expansion.
Loctite Stycast RE 2039 cures by heat when combined with HD 0183 hardener. Typical curing time is of 2 hours at 110°C, or 1 hour at 125°C. Curing performance may vary, based on oven loading and on the type of curing equipment used.
- Excellent electrical properties
- Good physical strength
- Withstands distortion at high temperatures
- Low viscosity
- Easily pourable at room temperature
- Low shrinkage and expansion
How to use Loctite Stycast RE 2039 / HD 0183:
- For best results, complete cleaning of the substrate should be performed. Contaminants can cause poor adhesion or corrosion.
- Accurately weigh Loctite Stycast RE 2039 and hardener into a clean container in the recommended ratio (see datasheet).
- Blend components until a uniform mixture is produced.
- Vacuum de-airing or de-gassing should be performed to remove any air bubbles. Air release agents such as Loctite Antifoam 88 can be used to facilitate de-airing.
- Pour mixture into cavity or mould. Insert the assembly into oven and heat at the recommended temperature (see datasheet).