Metcal’s MX-500 Soldering Station and Rework System has been reimagined, adding features and a new look to a bench top icon.
The system utilizes SmartHeat Technology, wherein each cartridge is equipped with a self-regulating heater which ‘senses’ its own temperature and closely maintains its pre-set idle temperature for the life of the heater-tip. The tip temperature is determined by the inherent metallurgical properties of the heater; no external adjustment or equipment is required. The MX-500 retains switchable dual port, 40W operation while introducing numerous new features in a new housing.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Integrated Power Indication Meter: a built in net power meter which will display a graphical and numerical representation of the power applied to the cartridge.
- User Programmable PowerSave Mode: the time to enter PowerSave Mode is adjustable from 10 to 120 minutes.
- Ground Fault Interrupt: AC ground monitor detects power line ground failures and immediately alerts the operator and shuts down the system. Only after the power line ground has been restored, can the MX-500 be restarted and soldering operations can be resumed.
- Universal Power Supply: automatically senses the input line voltage and adjusts accordingly, which allows for worldwide operation without adaptors or a change in performance.
- Compatibility with all MX products: the MX-500 redesign allows full compatibility with existing and previous MX upgrade kits, tip-cartridges, hand-pieces and accessories.
- Greater process control with SmartHeat® Technology
- Reduced space requirements
- MX-500AV Soldering / Rework System includes:
- Power supply
- MX-H1-AV: Metcal Advanced™ Hand-piece, Soldering and Rework with one cartridge removal pad
- MX-W1AV: Workstand for Metcal Advanced™ Hand-piece, Soldering and Rework with one sponge and one brass pad
- NOTE: No tip/cartridge included
Please click here to view compatible MX Cartridges & Accessories