Surclean Dry Ultrawipes Screenclean 100
Composition/Information on Ingredients
General description: a mixture of alcohols and proprietary solvents for the removal of
Solder Paste, Flux residues and uncured Adhesives from Printing Stencils and Screens in Electronics
Name of Ingredient Concentration Warning Symbol UN Number
Naptha, heavy Alkylate. <20% R36/37 3295
1‑Methoxy Propan‑2‑ol >40% " " 3092
Propan-2-ol 30% “ “ 1219
‑Odour: Slight fragrence
‑Appearance: Colourless liquid
‑Contact with skin: Prolonged skin contact will result in defatting of the skin, irritation, and possible
‑Inhalation: Irritating to eyes and respiratory system (R36/37. May cause dizziness, confusion, headache or
First aid measures
Contact with skin
‑wash the affected area with plenty of soap and water.
‑afterwards, a suitable moisturising skin cream can be applied.
Contact with eyes
‑If material has got into eyes, wash out immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.
‑Seek medical attention if any irritation persists.
‑Give patient plenty of water to drink. NEVER MAKE AN UNCONCIOUS PERSON VOMIT OR DRINK FLUIDS. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING.
‑Seek medical attention immediately.
Inhalation and General
‑Remove the patient from source of exposure to fresh air and lie down. Seek medical advice if neccesary. If casualty is unconcious, place into the recovery position. Perform artificial respiration if breathing has stopped. When breathing is difficult, properly trained personnel may assist affected person by administering 100% Oxygen. Keep affected person warm and at rest. Seek prompt medical attention.
Fire fighting measures
-in case of fire use water spray or fog, alcohol resistant foam, dry chemical or C02 (S43), Sand, Dolomite etc.
Special Fire Fighting Procedures
-Do not use water jets.
- Wear breathing apparatus.
Accidental release measures
-Shut off all ignition sources. Avoid sparks, flames, heat and smoking. Ventilate.
Clean up procedures
-Provide ventilation and confine spill. Do not allow run off to sewer. Absorb spillage in a suitable inert material such as vermiculite, dry sand or earth and place into appropriate container. Avoid contact with skin or inhalation of spillage, dust or vapour. Clean up personnel should use respiratory and liquid contact safety protection clothing.
Handling and Storage
- Use only in well ventilated areas (S51)
- Avoid breathing vapours /spay /mist (S23)
- When using do not eat, drink or smoke (S20/21)
- Keep in a cool, dry, ventilated place.
- Pressurised container; protect from sunlight and avoid exposing to temperatures over 50 deg C
Exposure Controls and Personnel Protection
- Ensure adequate ventalation
- Wear butyl rubber gloves
- When using do not eat, drink or smoke (S20/21)
1 -Methoxy propan-2-ol
-OES / LTEL 100ppm 375 mg/m3
-OES / STEL 300ppm 1120 mg/m3
-OES / LTEL 400ppm 999 mg/m3
-OES / STEL 500ppm 1250 mg/m3
Proprietry hydocarbon solvent
-OES / LTEL 300ppm
-OES / LTEL 5000 ppm 9150 mg/m3
-OES / STEL 15000ppm 27400 mg/m3
Physical and Chemical Properties
- Odour: slight fragrance
- Appearance: colourless liquid
- Boiling Point > 80 deg C
- Vapour pressure 96.5 hPa @ 20 deg C
- Density (water =1) 0.77
- Flash point 36 deg C
- Auto ignition point > 216 deg C
- Lower explosive limit 0.8% (in air)
- Upper explosive limit 9.3% (in air)
- misciple in water
Stability and Reactivity
- Stable, may form explosive vapour / air mixture.
- Keep away from naked flames, incandescent or hot surfaces.
- Incompatible with oxidizing substances.
- LD50 (oral, rat) 5040 mg / kg (IPA)
- LD50 (skin, rabbit) 16.4 ml / kg (IPA)
- May cause irritation
- In case of severe exposure, dermatitus can develop.
- Completely biodegradable
-Dipose of in accordance to local, state or government regulations.
Correct shipping description: flammable, n.o.s
UN Number 3092
Road / Rail (ADR/RID) hazard class: 3 ADR item number: 5 deg F
Sea (IMDG) hazard class: 3 IMDG page no: 2102
(IMDG) Ema: 3-13 IMDG MFAG: 620
Air (ICAO/IATA) hazard class: 3.1 ICAO Packing Group: III
- Classification and labelling
- This Safety Data Sheet is provided in compliance with – The Chemical (Hazard Information and
- Indication of Danger : Flame Symbol
- Classification: Flammable liquid
- National and International regulations – No ozone depleting chemicals are used in this product or
in any of the processes involved in its manufacture
- Keep in a cool place (S3)
- Keep container in a well ventilated place (S9)
- Keep away from sources of ignition – No Smoking (S16)
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges (S33)
- Use only as directed
The information contained above has been compiled from that provided by our suppliers and other sources. None of the original information relating to hazards or potential hazards has been omitted. Therefore the absence of a particular reference merely implies either that such information has not been determined or that it is not applicable to this particular product. Any amendments that may become necessary will be published and forwarded to users.
Surclean shall not be liable for any liability or loss of any nature (however caused and whether or not due to negligence by Surclean) which may result from the use of this or any other information provided by Surclean Technical Literature. It is the customers sole responsibility to accertain and test for suitability, application and ultimate safety of any of our products and any information is provided on this basis.
Version 1.0 June 2003