The AS 9120 standard is a company level certification for Quality Management Systems. It is part of the AS9100 series of standards. It is intended for use by organisations that procure parts and materials to the aerospace and defence industries. It includes the ISO 9001 certification and adds specific requirements related to the aforementioned industries.
AS 9120 standardises QMS requirements at all levels of the supply chain. The use of AS 9120 results in improved quality and delivery performance. It allows for effective implementation of quality management systems and wider application of good practices. This results in safer, reliable and cost-effective operations.
About AS 9120:2016
AS 9120:2016 is the latest version of the certification. A number of updates were made necessary by a change in the base standard, ISO 9001:2015. Many of the aerospace and defence industry requirements were also enhanced.
Following ISO 9001:2015, AS 9120:2016 includes requirements specific to:
- Context of the organisation
- Performance evaluation
AS 9120 also includes additional focus on risk-based thinking in management, adapting to changing environments, organisational knowledge, counterfeit parts prevention and more.
What are the benefits of the AS 9120 standard?
The AS 9120 standard provides many quality and efficiency benefits. Being AS 9120 certified means that a company is set to meet and exceed customer expectations. This provides a significant competitive edge.
The main benefits of AS 9120 are:
- Global recognition as reputable supplier. It aligns a company to the best practices of the aerospace industry. The standard is recognised internationally.
- Access to large Original Equipment Manufacturers. All companies registered to the standard are part of a database. This is called the OASIS database. OASIS allows to track and view certified organisations within the aerospace sector.
- Improved stakeholder relationships. Being AS 9120 certified enhances a company’s reputation. This applies to staff, customers and suppliers.
- Customer satisfaction. It proves that a company can deliver quality products and services to customers. It guarantees dependability and reliability.
- Expanding the customer base. Procurement specifications often require certification as a condition to supply. Being AS 9120 certified allows to gain more customers.
- Reduced operating costs. Improved processes, traceability and reduced risk result in increased efficiency. This, in turn, leads to reduced costs.
- Proven business credentials. AS 9120 grants independent verification against a globally recognised industry. The certification elevates a company’s QMS to a global standard.
Conro Electronics is a leading supplier of materials and tools in the electronic manufacturing industry.
We’ll show you how to improve product reliability while increasing performance and lowering costs. Our team of technical support specialists will provide your company with dependable global supply, unrivalled efficiency, and superior technical support.
Feel free to contact us on 0208 953 1211 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org