Spray adhesive is a low viscosity glue dispensed from a pressurized container. The adhesive is sprayed out in a mist. This allows to create even and consistent coats. Spray adhesives are easy to use and dry quickly. They are available in several different types, suited to different needs.
What are the applications of spray adhesive?
Spray adhesive is a highly versatile product. It is commonly used for everyday repairs, arts and crafts projects, decorations and more. Certain spray adhesives are used in construction applications, to glue drywall and ceiling inserts.
Spray adhesive is effective on a wide variety of materials, including:
However, not all spray glues are suited to every material. Some adhesives cannot withstand exposure to high temperatures or humidity. Make sure to select a product suited to your specific needs. Always read the instructions before use.
What types of spray adhesives are there?
There are many types of spray adhesives, designed for specific materials and applications. Some glues dry quickly and create permanent bonds. Others take a few minutes to set. This provides some time to reposition the bonded parts. Slow-curing adhesives are especially suited to crafts and decoration.
Most spray glues dry clear. They provide an invisible bond, preserving original appearances.
When choosing a spray adhesive, you should take into account the following factors:
- Type and porosity of the material. Surface cleanness is also important.
- Drying speed. To determine whether or not you’ll have time to reposition after spraying.
- Glue strength. General purpose adhesive is not as strong as professional, high-performance glue. Also consider how heavy or load-bearing is the item you are gluing.
How to apply spray adhesive
Spray adhesives are easy to use. Just follow a few simple steps. Make sure to read the instructions: each type of glue may require different application methods.
- Work in a well-ventilated area. Cover the working area with cloths or paper to protect surfaces from overspray. Make sure the parts to be bonded are clean. Shake the can before use.
- Apply the adhesive. Spray from about 20-25 cm. Keep the can upright and moving, to ensure an even coat.
- Join the parts. Hold parts in position until the glue sets. Follow instructions on the can about full curing times. It is usually safe to adjust the parts slightly in the first minute after application.
- Turn the can upside down and give it a quick spray. This will clear the nozzle. Clean up any adhesive residue with mineral spirits.
Conro Electronics is a leading supplier of materials and tools in the electronic manufacturing industry.
We’ll show you how to improve product reliability while increasing performance and lowering costs. Our team of technical support specialists will provide your company with dependable global supply, unrivalled efficiency, and superior technical support.
Feel free to contact us on 0208 953 1211 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org