A clean contact is essential for an optimal electrical connection. Over time, however, the contacts can oxidise or be contaminated with grease and dirt. This can lead to bad contact and thus to malfunctions in the device. Contact cleaners are products that are used to clean oxidised or dirty contacts, ensuring that electrical connections remain reliable and efficient.
Contact cleaners come in the form of spray cans. They easily remove contamination from the contact points, evaporate quickly and leave no residue. In addition, most contact cleaners contain corrosion inhibitors that protect the contacts against corrosion. Some cleaners leave a water repellent residue, to protect contacts from moisture.
ConRo Electronics offers a wide range of contact cleaners from major manufacturers such as Ambersil and Henkel Loctite.
Conro Electronics is an authorized distributor for Ambersil and Henkel.
Different types of contact cleaners are available to meet specific needs. Some of the most common are:
- Food grade (FG). These cleaners are specifically designed to be used in the food industry. They contain no noxious substances, such as chlorinated solvents.
- Lubricant. These products leave a protective, electrically conductive lubricating film on the contact. They are used on electric switchgear and electric motor contacts.
- Precision cleaner. Precision cleaners are non-flammable and used on critical electronic components that cannot be switched off or de-energised.
Using contact cleaners provides several advantages:
- Ensuring that electrical connections remain reliable and efficient.
- Reducing the risk of device failure due to poor connection or inaccurate readings caused by corrosion.
- Extending the life of electronics and optimising their performance.
- Versatility. General purpose contact cleaners are safe to use on a variety of components, including plastics, rubber, composites, metal and painted surfaces.