PTFE lubricants are a type of dry lubricant that can reduce friction and wear in mechanical components. They are widely used over a range of applications because of their heat resistant, non-stick, and anti-corrosive properties. PTFE lubricants are made from polytetrafluoroethylene, a synthetic polymer that delivers friction lowering properties in applications where greases or oils may be unsuitable.
PTFE lubricants can be used on nuts, bolts and hinges, and on machinery components such as bearings, rails, chain drives, rollers and more. They provide superior oil shedding properties, meaning that parts will stay cleaner for longer periods of time. This ensures longer life spans for machine components and helps to reduce downtime due to maintenance or repairs.
At ConRo Electronics, we carry a variety of PTFE lubricant products, including PTFE spray lubricant and food-grade PTFE lubricants. All our products are sourced from leading manufacturers such as Ambersil.
Conro Electronics is an authorized distributor for Ambersil.
PTFE lubricants are commonly used on surfaces that are exposed to high heat or pressure that could oxidise oil. Some of the numerous applications of PTFE lubricants include:
- Transfer belts and conveyors
- Rails and runners
- Nuts, bolts and washers
- Chains and cables
- Food processing machinery
The advantages of using PTFE lubricants include:
- Providing anti-corrosive, heat-resistant and water-resistant properties.
- Non-reactivity to other chemicals (PTFE is an inert substance).
- Improving electrical conductivity and reducing the risk of arcing.
- Preventing sticking and galling of moving parts.
- Protecting parts against contaminants.
- Reducing wear and tear and extending the lifespan of components.
- PTFE lubricants are compatible with a wide range of materials and suitable for a variety of applications.
PTFE stands for Polytetrafluoroethylene. This is a Fluoropolymer used widely in industrial applications.
- Low friction
- High electrical resistance
- Heat resistance to a wide range of temperatures
- Corrosive resistant