Thread sealants are products used to prevent fluid and gas leaks in a threaded pipe connection. They are easy to apply and cure quickly.
They work by filling the gaps between the male and female threaded connections. They also function as a lubricant as the threads are put together. Sealants cure in the absence of air. After hardening, they form a tough thermoset plastic, providing a leak-free seal.
Thread sealants typically resist temperatures between -55° C to +150° C. This range is ideal for most hydraulic and pneumatic lines.
ConRo Electronics offers a wide choice of thread sealants from Henkel Loctite.
Conro Electronics is an authorized distributor for Henkel Loctite.
- Clean and easy to apply
- Do not creep, shrink, or contaminate systems
- Can be used on any size of pipe fitting
- Resist vibration and shock
- Protect threads and fittings against corrosion
- Compatible with a wide range of fluids, chemicals and solvents
- Designed for high- and low-pressure applications
- Allow joint adjustment after application
They are available in a wide range of viscosities, strengths, and cure speeds. Each product is designed to meet your specific application requirements.
Sealants come in three forms:
- Liquid (low or high viscosity): Low viscosity sealant is suited for pipe threads of up to 2 cm diameter. It is also a good choice for pipes with fine threads, so that the liquid can quickly fill in all the gaps. High viscosity sealant is better suited to pipe joints with coarse threads.
- Paste (also available on stick dispensers): Sealing paste will perform better on pipes of 5 to 7,5 cm diameter.
- Tape and cords: This type of sealant is suited for larger pipe joints of up to 10 cm. Sealing cord is especially recommended for plastic pipes.