LOCTITE 272 is a high-strength, medium viscosity threadlocking adhesive. The product is methacrylate-based and red in colour. It is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of large bolts and studs. LOCTITE 272 provides high temperature resistance.
LOCTITE 272 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration. It also tolerates slight contaminations of industrial oils.
- High strength
- Medium viscosity
- Suitable for all metal fasteners
- Work temperature ranges from -55°C to 200°C
- Tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils
- Fixture time is 10 min on steel, 5 min on brass, 15 min on stainless steel
How to use Loctite 272:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For thru holes. Apply several drops of the product onto the bolt at the nut engagement area.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For sealing applications. Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the male fitting. Leave the first thread free. For bigger threads: adjust product amount accordingly. Apply product on the female threads also.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
- For maximum strength, allow the product to cure for 24 hours, minimum.
Store LOCTITE 272 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.