LOCTITE 290 is a medium/high-strength, low-viscosity threadlocker. It is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. Because of its low viscosity, the sealant penetrates engaged threads by capillary action. There is no need for disassembly prior to application. LOCTITE 290 is ideal for preassembled fasteners. E.g. electrical connectors and set screws.
LOCTITE 290 cures in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. It protects threads from corrosion. The product can also fill porosity in welds, castings and powdered metal parts.
- Medium to high strength
- Low viscosity (wicking grade)
- Ideal for preassembled metal fasteners
- Fluorescent under UV light
- Tolerant of minor contamination due to industrial oils
- Tested to the requirements of specification Mil-S-46163A.
How to use Loctite 290:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with LOCTITE SF 7063
- Do not allow the tip to touch the surfaces during application. This will prevent the liquid from clogging in the nozzle.
- For pre-assembled parts with thru holes. Apply several drops of the product at screw and body juncture.
- For blind holes. Apply several drops of the product down the internal threads to the bottom of the hole.
- For porosity sealing. Clean area. Apply localized heat to approximately 120°C. Allow to cool to about 85°C and apply the product.
- Assemble and tighten as required.
Store LOCTITE 290 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.