Loctite 3090 is a 2-part, fast curing, gap filling cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is designed for the assembly of parts with varying or undefined bond gaps (up to 5 mm), or for applications requiring complete cure of excess adhesive. This product is suited for use on a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics and rubbers. Loctite 3090 also quickly bonds porous materials, such as wood and fabric.
Loctite 3090 is a thixotropic gel. Its viscosity prevents dripping, even on vertical surfaces. Curing is initiated on mixing Part A and Part B components. Handling strength is achieved rapidly. Full strength is achieved over 24 hours.
- Fast curing
- Gap filling up to 5 mm
- Temperature resistance from -40°C to 80°C
- Syringe allows for precise and clean application
- Thixotropic to prevent adhesive migration
- Quickly bonds a wide range of substrates
- Ideal for repairing broken plastic parts and for all types of emergency repair
How to use Loctite 3090:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product. Use a cleaning solvent such as Loctite SF 7063.
- To use, Part A and Part B must be blended. Loctite 3090 can be applied directly from dual cartridge by dispensing through the mixer head supplied. Discard the first 1 to 2 cm of bead dispensed.
- Apply mixed adhesive to one of the bond surfaces. Do not use items like a tissue or a brush to spread the adhesive.
- Assemble components within a few seconds. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite 3090 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.