LOCTITE 401 is a 1-part, fast curing cyanoacrylate adhesive. It is designed for the assembly of difficult-to-bond materials, requiring uniform stress distribution. This product is suited for use on a wide range of materials. These include metals, plastics and elastomers. LOCTITE 401 also quickly bonds porous materials, such as wood and fabric.
LOCTITE 401 is a low viscosity adhesive. Full strength is developed in a very short time. However, curing continues for at least 24 hours, before full chemical resistance is developed. Width of the bondline gap and ambient humidity both affect curing speed.
- Very high bonding strength
- Perfect for all kinds of small repairs
- Low viscosity
- Instantly bonds a wide range of substrates
How to use Loctite 401:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, LOCTITE 770 primer may be applied. Allow it to dry.
- LOCTITE activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow it to dry.
- Apply LOCTITE 401 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store LOCTITE 401 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.