Loctite 410 is a high viscosity, rubber-toughened adhesive. The product is ethyl-based and black in colour. Loctite 410 is an instant adhesive, providing increased flexibility and peel strength, along with enhanced resistance to shock. It is suitable for use on metals, rubbers and plastic. It is also effective on polyolefins, if used in combination with a primer.
Loctite 410 provides a fixture time ranging from 30 to 60 seconds on most surfaces. Full strength and chemical resistance are achieved within 24 hours. Under normal conditions, the atmospheric moisture initiates the curing process. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient humidity.
- High viscosity
- Provides increased shock resistant, flexibility and peel strength
- Ideal for bonding medium to small-sized parts
- Best suited for thin bond gaps (0.05 mm)
- Fixture time ranging from 30 to 60 seconds
How to use Loctite 410:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- If using on polyolefins and other low-energy surfaces, apply a primer such as Loctite SF 770 or Loctite SF 7239. If polyolefin and easier to bond materials are involved, apply the primer to the polyolefin only. Allow it to dry.
- Apply Loctite 410 to bond surfaces. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite 410 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.