Loctite 4105 is a high viscosity, rubber toughened instant adhesive. The product is ethyl-based and black in colour. Loctite 4105 provides increased flexibility and peel strength, along with enhanced resistance to thermal shock and thermal cycling. It is suitable for use on metals, rubbers and plastic.
Loctite 4105 has a fixture time ranging from 10 to 120 seconds. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient humidity. Full strength and chemical resistance are achieved within 24 hours. When fully cured, Loctite 4105 provides a tough, flexible bond that is able to withstand wave soldering processes. It has outstanding impact strength and good humidity and solvent resistance.
- High viscosity
- Rubber toughened
- Fast fixturing
- Resistant to thermal shock and thermal cycling
- Provides a flexible bond and increased peel strength
- Best suited for thin bond gaps (0.05 mm)
How to use Loctite 4105:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- If using on low-energy surfaces, apply a primer such as Loctite SF 770 or Loctite SF 7239. Allow it to dry.
- Apply Loctite 4105 to bond surfaces. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take about 24 hours.
Store Loctite 4105 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.