Loctite 454 is a 1-part, non-drip gel instant adhesive. It is designed for the assembly of difficult-to-bond materials requiring uniform stress distribution and strong tensile and/or shear strength. Its properties make it ideal for vertical and overhead applications. Loctite 454 does not drip or run.
Loctite 454 is suited for use on a wide range of materials. These include metals, plastics and elastomers. The product also bonds porous materials. It works on similar and dissimilar substrate combinations. Full bonding strength is developed in a short time. However, curing continues for at least 24 hours, before full resistance is developed.
- Universal instant repair gel
- High viscosity
- Non-drip formula
- Thixotropic to prevent adhesive migration
- Perfect for all kinds of quick repairs
- Rapidly bonds a wide range of substrates
How to use Loctite 454:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, Loctite 770 primer may be applied. Allow it to dry.
- Loctite activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow it to dry.
- Loctite 454 to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store Loctite 454 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.