LOCTITE 480 is a toughened, medium viscosity instant adhesive. It is designed for the assembly of difficult-to-bond materials, requiring uniform stress distribution and high tensile and shear strength. LOCTITE 480 is a rubber-reinforced cyanoacrylate. It offers increased flexibility and peel strength, along with enhanced shock resistance.
LOCTITE 480 is ideal for bonding metal to metal, rubber and magnets. It is also effective on select types of plastic. It provides fast curing and good resistance to humidity.
- High resistance to shock
- High tensile and shear strength
- Rapidly bonds magnets, metal and rubber
- Works reliably in humid environments
How to use Loctite 480:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- LOCTITE 480 performs best in thin bond gaps (0.05 mm). Increasing the bond gap will slow down the rate of cure.
- To improve bonding on low energy plastic surfaces, LOCTITE 770 primer may be applied. Allow the primer to dry.
- LOCTITE activator may be used if necessary. Apply it to one bond surface. Do not apply activator to a primed surface. Allow the activator to dry.
- Apply adhesive to one of the bond surfaces. Do not apply on the activated surface. Do not spread the adhesive with a tissue or brush.
- Assemble components carefully. The short fixture time leaves little opportunity for adjustment.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads. This will usually take between 24 and 72 hours.
Store LOCTITE 480 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2° C to 8° C. Storage below 2° C or greater than 8° C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return product to the original container.