Loctite EA 9483 is a 2-part, ultra-clear epoxy adhesive. It uses amine as a hardener and is designed for applications requiring transparency and high strength. Typical uses include decorative panels and displays. Loctite EA 9483 can tolerate a wide range of temperatures without shrinking or cracking. It also provides low moisture absorption and good resistance to solvents and chemicals.
Loctite EA 9483 cures at room temperature after mixing. It has an average fixturing time of 3.5 hours at room temperature. High temperatures can accelerate the curing process. Loctite EA 9483 achieves complete cure within 3 days at room temperature. Fully cured product provides superior strength and impact resistance.
- High strength
- Ultra clear adhesive bondline
- Minimal shrinkage
How to use Loctite EA 9483:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063. For high strength structural bonds, special surface treatments can increase bond strength and durability.
- Dual cartridges: Insert cartridges in the application gun. Start the plunger into the cylinders. Remove cartridge cap, expel and discard a small amount of adhesive.
- For automatic mixing of resin and hardener, attach mixing nozzle at the end of the cartridge. Begin dispensing the adhesive.
- For hand mixing, expel the desired amount of adhesive and mix thoroughly. Continue mixing for 15 seconds after the product assumes a uniform colour.
- Bulk containers: Mix thoroughly in the proportions specified in the technical datasheet.
- Apply the adhesive to one surface to be bonded. For maximum strength, apply evenly to both surfaces. Apply as quickly as possible and assemble parts immediately.
- Keep the assembled parts from moving during cure. Allow bond to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads.
Store Loctite EA 9483 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.