LOCTITE EA Double Bubble is an epoxy which bonds to a wide variety of materials (i.e. wood, metals, plastics and ceramics) and cures rapidly to give handling strength in approximately 5 minutes. Packed in a handy sachet and supplied complete with a mixing stick and pallet, this adhesive is readily suited to the rapid assembly of small components or to performing fast and effective repair work.
- Effective repair solution for a variety of materials
- Handling strength in approx. 5 min.
- Rapid assembly of small components
- 50 x 3gm Satchets in a Box
|Appearance (Hardener)||Clear to pale yellow|
|Appearance (Mixture)||Clear to pale yellow|
|Components||Two part – requires mixing|
|Mix Ratio, by volume – Resin: Hardener||1 : 1|
|Mix Ratio, by weight-Resin: Hardene||100 : 94|
|Cure||Room temperature cure after mixing|
Directions for use:
- Bond areas should be clean and free from grease. Clean all surfaces with a Loctite cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- For maximum strength, surface abrasion is recommended. A fine to medium grit emery cloth or sandpaper is best. Wash after abrading.
- Pour resin and hardener from pouches onto the provided mixing palette.
- Mix resin and hardener on palette with mixing stick until the product has a uniform color. The adhesive is packaged in a pre-measured kit. This ensures consistent performance since resin and hardener are always properly measured.
- For maximum bond strength, apply adhesive evenly to both surfaces to be joined.
- Application to the substrates should be made within 3 minutes. Larger quantities and/or higher temperatures will reduce this working time.
- Join the adhesive coated surfaces and allow to cure. Higher temperatures will speed up curing.
- Keep assembled parts from moving during cure. The bond should be allowed to develop full strength before subjecting to any service load.
- Excessive uncured adhesive can be cleaned up with ketone type solvents.