It provides very fast fixturing at room temperature. Loctite HY 4090 is designed to bond a variety of substrates, including most plastics, rubbers and metals. It is ideal for applications in high temperature or humidity environments. For best results, apply with Loctite 50 ml adhesive mixing nozzle or Loctite 400 ml adhesive mixing nozzle.
Loctite HY 4090 cures by mixing components A and B. Handling strength is achieved in about 3 minutes. Full strength and chemical resistance are achieved over time. Rate of cure depends on substrate used, bondline gap and ambient temperature. Loctite HY 4090 is a thixotropic product. This makes it suitable for applications where gap filling properties on rough and poorly fitting surfaces are required.
- Off-white to light yellow in colour
- Resistant to shock, vibration and impact
- High moisture resistance
- Temperature resistance up to 150°C
- UV resistance allows outdoor applications
- Gap filling up to 5 mm
How to use Loctite HY 4090:
- Clean surfaces before applying the product.
- Blend components A and B. The use of a mixing nozzle is recommended.
- Hold the cartridge upright and insert the plunger.
- Remove cap and attach the mixing nozzle.
- Dispense and discard a bead as long and as wide as the mixing nozzle, to ensure sufficient mixing.
- Apply Loctite HY 4090 to one of the bond surfaces. Assemble immediately.
- Hold together or clamp bonds until the adhesive has fixtured.
- Allow product to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads.
Store Loctite HY 4090 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 2°C to 21°C. Storage below 2°C or greater than 21°C can adversely affect product properties.