LOCTITE SF Initiator 5 is designed to initiate the cure of LOCTITE structural acrylic adhesives. The initiator contains no solvents. It requires no drying time. Surfaces can be bonded immediately after the product is applied.
Fixture time and cure speed achieved through the use of LOCTITE SF Initiator 5 depend on surface cleanliness and type of adhesive used.
- Solvent free
- Environmentally friendly
- Flexible Initiator / adhesive Ratio – consistent bond strength
- Easy to use
- No drying time required
How to use Loctite SF Initiator 5:
- Most surfaces can be bonded without cleaning. However, contamination such as oxide layers or oil may affect cure speed and bond strength. Cleaning is recommended if maximum strength is required.
- Apply LOCTITE SF Initiator 5 to one of the mating surfaces. The use of excess initiator will reduce the bond strength.
- Apply adhesive to the other surface.
- For large gaps (over 0.4 mm) or where maximum cure speed is required, apply LOCTITE® SF Initiator 5 to both surfaces.
- The initiator will remain active for about 30 minutes. Assembly should be completed within this time.
- Where adhesive is applied onto an activated surface, assembly should be completed as quickly as possible. Maximum time is 15 seconds.
- Secure the assembly and await fixturing before any further handling.
Store LOCTITE SF Initiator 5 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during use. Do not return liquid to original container.