Loctite SI 595 is a clear, single component vulcanizing compound. The product is acetoxy silicone-based. Loctite SI 595 is designed as an adhesive sealant for mechanical assemblies. It is effective on most surfaces. However, use on concrete is not recommended. Typical applications include electrical insulation, protection of leads from mechanical shock and sealing of ductwork, vents, doors, and windows.
Loctite SI 595 cures at room temperature. It dries tack free in two hours and fully cures in 24 hours. The product is formulated to withstand thermal cycling, UV light and ozone. It resists weathering and aging without altering its properties. Loctite SI 595 is thixotropic. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces the migration of adhesive after application.
- Clear paste
- Medium viscosity
- Cures when exposed to air moisture
- Provides a tough, flexible silicone rubber seal
- Seals out moisture and contaminants
- Suitable for potting, coating and sealing
- Thixotropic to reduce adhesive migration
- Non-flammable and non-toxic
- Certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 51 for use with plastic materials and components used in food equipment not exceeding +204°C
How to use Loctite SI 595:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads. Full performance properties will develop over 72 hours.
Store Loctite SI 595 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.