A degreaser is a cleaning agent specifically designed to remove grease, oil, cutting fluids and dirt from hard surfaces. It usually contains chemicals or solvents that can break down tough grime on contact. Milder degreasers utilise water as the primary solvent.
Degreasers are often used in industrial and commercial settings to get rid of stubborn stains and deposits on tools, work surfaces and walls. Degreasers are available in many different versions and compositions, making them suitable for a wide variety of tasks. They usually come in handy, easy-to-use aerosol cans.
ConRo Electronics offers a wide range of degreasers from major manufacturers such as Ambersil and Henkel Loctite.
Conro Electronics is an authorized distributor for Ambersil and Henkel.
Different types of degreasers are available to meet specific needs. Some of the main varieties are:
- Solvent-based. These products use chemicals, such as enzymes or petroleum-based solvents, to break down oils and greases, making them easy to wipe away.
- Water-based. Ideal for lighter grime, water-based degreasers contain chemicals, but use water as the primary solvent. They are common in the food industry.
- Natural. These products contain natural ingredients such as orange, baking soda and soap. They are biodegradable and non-toxic. Natural degreasers are ideal for smaller applications in non-industrial settings.
There are a few important factors to keep in mind when choosing a degreaser:
- The type of surface you are cleaning
- The amount and type of grease on the surface
- The setting you will be working in
- Safety hazards of the product
- Environmental impact of the product
Whatever your choice, you can find a product suited to your needs in our online store. We offer solvent and water based degreasers, food safe degreasers, brake cleaners and more. All products have been tested for their quality and effectiveness and meet the highest standards.