LOCTITE 660 is a high strength, high viscosity retaining compound. The product is urethane methacrylate-based and provides excellent gap filling properties. It is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts. In particular, where bond gaps can approach 0.50 mm. LOCTITE 660 is ideal for repairing worn parts without remachining.
LOCTITE 660 cures when confined between close-fitting metal surfaces. The curing process occurs in the absence of air. The product prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. LOCTITE 660 is registered to NSF Category P1 for use as a sealant. Only use where there is no possibility of food contact in and around food processing areas.
- High strength
- High viscosity
- Allows to restore correct fits on worn shafts, spun bearings, and damaged keyways
- Suitable for retaining shims
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 123704
How to use Loctite 660:
- For best results, clean surfaces with a LOCTITE solvent. Allow it to dry.
- If using on inactive metal or curing speed is too slow, use an activator spray such as LOCTITE SF 7471 or SF 7649. Allow it to dry.
- For slip fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive around the leading edge of the pin and the inside of the collar. Use a rotating motion during assembly to ensure good coverage.
- For press fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive thoroughly to both bond surfaces. Assemble at high press on rates.
- For shrink fitted assemblies. Apply adhesive onto the pin. Heat collar to create sufficient clearance for free assembly.
- Allow LOCTITE 660 to develop full strength before subjecting to any service loads.
Store LOCTITE 660 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.
There are no reviews yet.