Loctite SI 5699 is a high performance silicone-based gasketing product designed for flange sealing. The product is water and glycol resistant, non-corrosive and grey in colour. It can be used on flexible or rigid flanges, machined or cast surfaces, metal or plastic. Typical applications include transmissions and cast metal housings.
Loctite SI 5699 is a room temperature vulcanising product. It cures upon exposure to atmospheric moisture, becoming tack free in just 10 minutes. Full properties are achieved over the course of 7 days. Loctite SI 5699 provides outstanding oil resistance. The product is registered to NSF Category P1 for use as a sealant where there is no possibility of food contact in and around food processing areas.
- Grey coloured paste
- Ideal for sealing all types of flanges
- Tack in free in 10 minutes
- Resistant to water, glycol and oil
- P1 NSF Reg. No.: 122998. This is a regional approval
How to use Loctite SI 5699:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Loctite SI 5699 begins curing immediately after the product is exposed to atmospheric moisture. Parts to be assembled should be mated within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- The bond should be allowed to cure for about seven days, before subjecting to heavy service loads.
Store the product in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.