Loctite SI 5980 is a single component, alkoxy silicon-based flange sealant. It is designed for gasketing applications. The product provides an instant, low-pressure seal. Loctite SI 5980 offers excellent oil resistance and the ability to withstand high joint-movement. Typical applications include stamped sheet metal covers, such as timing covers and oil sumps.
It is a label-free product, with outstanding health and safety features. The product cures at room temperature. It dries tack free in 15 to 45 minutes. It takes several days to achieve full performance properties. It is thixotropic. Viscosity of the product decreases under stress. This property reduces the migration of adhesive after application.
- Black paste
- Instant low pressure resistance
- Ideal for flexible flange connections
- Provides good glycol resistance and excellent oil resistance
- Withstands joint movement
- It does not contain hazardous substances
How to use Loctite SI 5980:
- For best results, clean all surfaces with a Loctite solvent. Use Loctite SF 7063.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is exposed to the atmosphere. Assemble parts within a few minutes after the product is dispensed.
- Allow for full curing time before subjecting to heavy service loads. Full performance properties will develop over several days. See technical data sheet.
Store Loctite SI 5980 in the unopened container in a dry location. Optimal Storage: 8° C to 21° C. Storage below 8° C or greater than 28° C can adversely affect product properties.